Solved

Windows 9?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello...I was just reading about MS windows 9 and it's not coming out for another year...maybe earlier.. I am anxious for W9 because the interface looks like it'll be a lot different then W8. And I'm guessing people will be more likely to buy W9 over W8..any opinions or facts that anyone would like to start posting..hmmmm

Sherry
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 31 March 2014, 05:02

View original

44 replies

Userlevel 5
It might come out on next year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Ryan, I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival because I'm not really a fan of Windows 8. I loved XP and I like W7 and even though Vista was fun with the eye candy screens the permissions of it drove me silly.. Consumers aren't really crazy about Windows 8 as sales of Microsoft declines...that's my opinion.

Now it's time to work on my VM W8.1...
Userlevel 5
I use a windows 8.1 computer that is bad.
Userlevel 7
I am also just not a fan of Windows8.  XP was one of the best Microsoft has put out, and I get along pretty well with 7.  As for 8?  No... I will pass.
Userlevel 5
I hate win 8 i use it, its irittating!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
MS should be giving some info on Windows 9 this week:
 Microsoft's Build 2014 conference is right around the corner. At that event, which kicks off April 2 in San Francisco, Microsoft is believed to be planning to disclose at least some high-level information about Windows 9.

Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9 | ZDNet

At the BUILD developer conference in April 2014, Microsoft will discuss its vision for the future of Windows, including a year-off release codenamed "Threshold" that will most likely be called Windows 9. Here's what I know about the next major release of Windows.
 "Threshold" to be Called Windows 9, Ship in April 2015 | Windows 8 content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Dermot 7 i read articles before posting. .wasnt sure how to post that so good JOB. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Yes Dermot 7 i read articles before posting. .wasnt sure how to post that so good JOB. .
Hi Sherry, don't know much about it myself, and alhough, to be fair, Windows 8 probably has quite a few improvements over Windows 7, it was clear at an early stage that it wasn't going to be an immediate rip-roaring success...they seem to have failed to listen to the early complaints of testers, and just stick with their plan.

They are right in paying attention to the inevitable growth in BYOD etc. but they got their timing and plan wrong. I don't know how a 'newbie' with little computer knowledge could ever get to grips with W8...it's not easy at first.

I love Windows 7, and think it's a great OS...and its worldwide market share continues to grow.

Let's see what they come up with next ;)

Dermot

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dermont7, I totally agree..I am a newbie with W8 and that's why I chose to run it in VM. It's not easy without touch screen. I do like W7. I purposely chose not to upgrade my OS because I didn't think W8 would be worth the cost since I spent so much upgrading hardware to have OS W7. The only real way to obtain W8 would be to buy new computers which I didn't want to do. And you are right that MS knew they they jumped the gun with their testers and settled for touch screen users and the OS wouldn't satisfy most consumers in businesses and such. I just knew it wouldn't be an OS for me. I upgraded 4 PCs with W7. So I'm happy. So I believe the market for MS went down with W8. I'm still a devoted MS user and always will be but they lost the ball on W8 regardless of so called improvements..Yes we will see what's next. Challenges of the programmers will be astounding to me whatever they do...

So I will be more then ready for W9 and hopefully MS has it right this time...Not that W8 is bad but the reviews weren't great.

Cheers, Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I like this article!!

"Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) said on February 14 that the company has sold more than 200 million licensed copies of Windows 8 OS since its launch in late 2012. But the release of Windows 9 should put Windows 8 to rest."

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/03/windows-9-concept-with-start-menu/

Windows 9 Release Date A White Flag For Windows 8

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/01/windows-9-release-date/

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Daniel. .Yes nuce to know and the links are helpful. .

Hope you have a great week. .

Sawllou, Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sherry Passez une bonne semaine aussi!

Santé,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Some time ago, I did a search in YouTube about Windows 9 and was surprised for what I have found!  Rumor has it that!  Could it be true that Windows 9 may be released in April of 2015?  See other Webrooters think after seeing the video!  Kinda too early for that isn't it?  Anyway just thought I'd mention it since even I try to do research on subject like that!

Userlevel 7
So we are going back to basically Win 7 with a fancier start menu. Regressing because the "internet" didnt like Windows 8. I swear if I hear one person complain that 9 isnt more modern looking I will go on a falling down style rampage :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Looks that way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yup i started something here...smiley/wink
Userlevel 7
Nope...SSherjj...not quite ;)

I think that you just expressing something that has become a movement ever since MS released Win8...and then had to release Win8.1 (never heard of a Win95.1, WinXP.1 or Vista1-99...LOL), and with the upcoming Update 1 we will be contiuing to head towards what Win9 will be...more or less (and that is a very general statement before anyone wants to take me to task on the detail...:D)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh Sir Baldrick,,,task of details? Love details...the more info We/I can gather the better..enjoying everyone's opinions of W9, W 8..etc...I'm always abit behind with my research too...

Cheers as we go in the WR Community!
Userlevel 7
No problem, SSherjj  http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sHa_clap.gif

You know me...interestingly have you heard of the MS Version Hypothesis; with alarming regularity MS seem to produce a great OS version and then invariably the next one is rubbish (or to be polite...far less well received) and the one after that is a great one...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sCo_hmmthink.gif

I think as a generalisation this is true...and if so then Win9 should be a cracker.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes, that's what i heard..every other one ...does anyone remember WindowsMe...lol ...ive always had to be first on the block with new MS OS until I learned to sit back and WAIT for it believe it or not.

Sherry
Userlevel 7
WinMe...and what about Win98 SE...I am that old that I can remember using Windows 3 & WIndows for Workgroups 3.11...

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_rofl.gif
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well Sir Baldrick...you are wise and wiser for sure..but I used W98 SE ...my addiction to computers started in 98. So I am not familiar with windows 3....darn missed that one...but again I was in my early 40s so you aren't much older heehee
Userlevel 3
I remember Windows ME as well!  In fact!  In my software archives, I have Windows 95 thru Windows ME!  They are just sitting in my packet dorment for quite a while now!  For how long?  Don't know but it is there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Nerf, I've got floppies I still need to toss or format...very hard to let go of 100s of floppy disks..and Zip disks too...old HDs and such...spring cleaning has begun....
Userlevel 3
Yes and I remember when Win95 first came out on specially formatted 3" floppies!  There were (12) floppies for Win95 and then later, they came out with the CD-ROM version.   Later, they release the Windows 95 OSR release 2!