Windows Insider Preview Survey?

• 8 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters!

I was wondering how many of you run Windows Insider Preview on your computers? Or use VM's. Or has this question been asked before? If it has then I am getting an update? 😃

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I do on 2 VM's Windows 10 Pro 32bit and 64bit and I always check to make sure WSA is working well on the new versions.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@wrote:
I do, Sherry. I run it on 2 different desktop PCs. Both 64bit, 1 set for 'Fast Ring', the other 'Skip Ahead'.

I have not had to get Webroot to white list any files, yet. But I must admit, these are tertiary and quaternary computers that I don't use on a daily basis. I do keep them updated and do use them a few times a week, but my fastest PC, the one I use the most, doesn't run Webroot betas or Insider Previews.
Cool I just do the Fast Ring.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yea I have one 64bit VM and your'e right about Webroot working good!
All aside don't you have to get Webroot Support to whitelist some programs in Windows Preview sometimes? I know I have had to otherwise some programs/Windows will freeze up.
I do, Sherry. I run it on 2 different desktop PCs. Both 64bit, 1 set for 'Fast Ring', the other 'Skip Ahead'.

I have not had to get Webroot to white list any files, yet. But I must admit, these are tertiary and quaternary computers that I don't use on a daily basis. I do keep them updated and do use them a few times a week, but my fastest PC, the one I use the most, doesn't run Webroot betas or Insider Previews.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@wrote:

Cool I just do the Fast Ring.
That is pretty neat too BurnDaddy!

I have 2 desktops that are old that I have ran VM's on but I can't keep up with all those PC as much as I used too. But yea you can't safely run Betas and Windows Insider Previews on your best and top of line PC! Happy to hear that you do run the Fast Ring AND Skip Ahead. I might try Skip Ahead on my other deaktop. I am curious about the Skip Ahead version. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Yes I have the Windows Insider Preview running on a VM on this laptop Sherry, I also just have it set to the Fast Ring.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yes I have the Windows Insider Preview running on a VM on this laptop Sherry, I also just have it set to the Fast Ring.
Thanks Jasper!
How is Webroot running with the latest Windows Preview Insider? Good?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Thanks Jasper!
How is Webroot running with the latest Windows Preview Insider? Good?
I never have any problems with it running on there at all. I know I should not tempt fate but it seems to run flawlessly.