WINDOWS PASSWORD?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi'ya peeps!

Chrome has just started to throw up a message to me asking for my Windows password when I click the 'show passwords' in 'manage your website passwords' section of the settings.  I'm wanting to know a password as one of the sites I have one saved for is rejecting it.  I don't know my Windows password, don't think I ever have, so I wonder if you can tell me where I can find it and why Chrome has started asking this.

Puzzled!  :@

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Linda it seams a few are having issues with the password manager so I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and see what they say! And please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi'ya peeps!

Chrome has just started to throw up a message to me asking for my Windows password when I click the 'show passwords' in 'manage your website passwords' section of the settings.  I'm wanting to know a password as one of the sites I have one saved for is rejecting it.  I don't know my Windows password, don't think I ever have, so I wonder if you can tell me where I can find it and why Chrome has started asking this.

Puzzled!  :@
Hello LoopyLinda, Is this what you are using in Chrome? Because I'm not getting that message ever. Maybe TripleHelix can check this thread out? Are you there TripleHelix? Because this doesn't sound right to me!!
EDIT: Thanks TripleHelix I was too slow!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm not sure Sherry as that is for Chrome's Password Manager nothing to do with WSA's Password Manager.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'm not sure Sherry as that is for Chrome's Password Manager nothing to do with WSA's Password Manager.

Daniel
Yes Daniel, ;)you are right? So a Support Ticket is in order? Thats why I was trying to get clarification I guess!:8
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Yeah you're in the right place, when I click on one of the listed sites I am asked for Windows password.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yeah you're in the right place, when I click on one of the listed sites I am asked for Windows password.
The Password to sign on to Windows during Boot Up? If it is that's odd so support is the way to go.

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Thanks Daniel, I'm putting one in now, I'll get back to you when/if I get an answer. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thats not really an Webroot support related question if its asking for your Windows password (which is normal) try leaving it blank and hit OK. If that doesnt work try creating a password in the user control panel. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Rakanisheu! Appreciate the assistance! 🙂 I wasn't sure how to handle this one so Thank you!
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi!

Problem solved!  After trying a few different passwords the one that was accepted was the one I use to log on to my computer, OF COURSE, A WINDOWS PASSWORD!!!  The penny suddenly dropped!  I'm sorry if I've been a pain, THICKIES UNITE!!  m/  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi!

Problem solved!  After trying a few different passwords the one that was accepted was the one I use to log on to my computer, OF COURSE, A WINDOWS PASSWORD!!!  The penny suddenly dropped!  I'm sorry if I've been a pain, THICKIES UNITE!!  m/  ;)
Hello LoopyLinda!
Wonderful problem solving there I must admit! Great!:D

Give us holler if you need anything else or just to look around we are happy to have you around!

Have a gret day!

Salute'

Userlevel 7
But, Linda...whaat a nice, polite & personable pain you are...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
😳  Ohh Shucks!      Thanks peeps!

Loopy Linda x