Wireless printer not working when connected to VPN
Is there a way to set up the Webroot VPN that allows printing to my wireless printer? At this point, in order to print I need to disconnect the VPN. I would prefer to have a seamless way to print while remaining connected. Do you know if this is possible? I previously tried ExpressVPN and they had a setting that got around the wireless printer issue.
This topic has been closed for comments
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Can you confirm the operating system of the computer you are having problems with, if the printer is on the local network and how it is connected? The first two parts of the IP address of the printer (e.g. 10.0. or 192.168.) would be enough to tell if it was a local IP address and would not identify your location (please don't post a full IP address on the forums, especially if it doesn't start with 10 or 192 - if in doubt DM me).
Can you also see how you get on with the Kill Switch as described above? If the kill switch toggle fixes it would you be kind enough to send me or the support team those logs citing this thread?
Many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.
I'm not hugely familiar with Webroot's VPN, I have run it in the past. But, You could try adding your WiFi network as a 'Trusted' WiFI network and see if that helps. To do this, please do the following...
Open the app and click on the three lines in the upper-right.
Then, under the "Connections" tab, check the box for "Enable trusted WiFi Networks' and click the '+' to add your network to the 'Trusted' list. Be sure to click 'Apply' when done. ;)
If you're still having issues then you can either wait for a reply from
Hope this info helps,
Sorry you are having trouble connecting to your wireless printer using Webroot's VPN. I'll ping our VIP Developer
On a Linksys WRT 1900AT router
Wireless to a Brother MFC-J4510W printer
When I installed the Webroot WiFi Security VPN I was unable to use the wireless feature at all.
Per other suggestions on this thread I simply turned off the Kill Switch and it works just fine.
Note to Webroot: If this has been or will be fixed in future versions it would be great to give everyone a "Heads UP".