Solved

WRusr.dll

• 27 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

WRusr.dll-10968-1.tmp

WRusr.dll-637109-1.tmp

These two temp files are resistant to deletion by Webroot, Malwarebytes, CCleaner and by Windows 10 & Disk Cleanup utilities. Are these tmp files necessary? Or can I permanently erase these files with Webroot?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 27 February 2020, 23:16

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Additional information:

All the above apps and programing are running the latest releases and updated daily.

The WRusr.dll files are always loaded in the C:\Windows\Temp directory.

Searched the Windows Registry for these dlls. Not there or invisible.

Each file consumes 227 kilobytes.

I recently loaded Malwarebytes and CCleaner to see if these apps would clean these tmp files. Did not.

Do not experience observable problems due to these tmp files, or the installation of Malwarebytes and CCleaner. Just cannot delete these tmp files from the C:\Windows\Temp directory.

Should I be concerned? Leave the files alone? Or try forcing a deletion with Webroot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ahhiyawa and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

That file if located in one of these places it’s part of WSA and should not be removed.

C:\Windows\System32\WRusr.dll

or C:\Windows\SysWow64\WRusr.dll

- This loads for user mode analysis. It's responsible for WRSA running as a user mode service. WRSA will be loaded equally proportionately to the number of user profiles that are loaded because of this file.

But if you are having issues you can try a clean reinstall of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Badge +1

Thanks for the timely reply.

As I’m having no operating problems & discernible issues I’ll leave the temp files alone per your explanation. If there’s a need to take action I’ll keep this tech tip link stored for future reference.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks for the timely reply.

As I’m having no operating problems & discernible issues I’ll leave the temp files alone per your explanation. If there’s a need to take action I’ll keep this tech tip link stored for future reference.

Thanks again.

Yes sure thing and IMO nothing to worry about in that Temp Folder and the reason you can’t remove or delete it, it’s WSA’s self protection.

Cheers,