Your mobile setup

• 8 February 2013
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
What is your mobile setup? How do you stay connected on the road?
How do you stay secure?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
A plain old Motorola cell phone and OnStar in the car!

TH

Userlevel 7
HTC Desire S always connected via a high speed data tarrif obtained from my carrier. While I'm on the road I am using my mobile as a laptop replacement, i.e. full access to my e-mails (push on), internet, files shared in Anywhere folder ;) etc.

However believing that shortly upgrading to ASUS PadFone 2 (just waiting for the white model to come on our market).

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Nice haven't seen that here in Canada. "The fastest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 quad-core CPU at 1.5GHz"

I watched a video they say they will have a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S6 & S8 quad-core CPU's in the summer!

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Nice haven't seen that here in Canada.

TH
Hmmm, strange ... ASUS has boasted they sold 1.000.000 pcs around the world within January. This 2 + 1 (mobile phone + tablet) has caught me indeed.
Userlevel 7
Interesting you mention that, Pegas. My girlfriend told me about that Asus phoneblet (phone + tablet not to be confused with phablet :D) a few months ago, saying it was the new "big thing" in Taiwan. It's definitely an interesting idea, but I don't know if it's going to come here to the states. It should IMO as it's a totally different take on a tablet. Plus, ASUS makes great products so in the very least, they should have an Android or Windows Phone to bring to the US market-they're tablets are great (and good quality) so I'm sure an ASUS smartphone would do quite well over here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes Laptop's and Tablets but haven't seen the new Phones.

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Interesting you mention that, Pegas. My girlfriend told me about that Asus phoneblet (phone + tablet not to be confused with phablet :D) a few months ago, saying it was the new "big thing" in Taiwan. It's definitely an interesting idea, but I don't know if it's going to come here to the states. It should IMO as it's a totally different take on a tablet. Plus, ASUS makes great products so in the very least, they should have an Android or Windows Phone to bring to the US market-they're tablets are great (and good quality) so I'm sure an ASUS smartphone would do quite well over here!
Yes, they (ASUS) had already PadFone last year but with this version 2 they are really the ones to beat. If you look at specification you see that it boasts with Qualcomm 4-core processor (the first phone ever) and also other parameters are impressive. The first reviews speak nicely about this device. The speed and smoothness of operation of Android environment is supposedly amazing.
Userlevel 7
I must admit I am pretty intrigued. Those specs are great and it's innovative for sure!
Userlevel 7
I am just plain jealous.... 3 more months on my contract before I can upgrade off of Andriod 2.1... Sigh.
Userlevel 7
My old Verizon LG cell phone. I keep getting emails from Verizon for upgrades to a new phone. Maybe some day I'll upgrade. :D