Nastiest Malware 2022

• 30 September 2022
  • 40 replies
Nastiest Malware 2022

Show first post

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the article @TylerM . I’m gonna guess you have a slidedeck? If so, can you share plz?

Regards
John

That will come later when we do the Webinar in October. Next week I’ll have more on that ;)

Looking forward to it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Knocking on wood that those monsters stay in stories and not in any network of mine.

I have to be honest, the previous software etc we have used, we saw a lot of nasty things, and a lot of restores etc that had to be done. Since we have adopted Webroot, it almost comes as an absolute shock if there is ransomware somewhere. Webroot has truly made such a difference in our company and customer base. @Morrow  so I will confidently say that you don't have to knock on wood, your protection is in good safe and secure hands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since getting into this business I don’t find Halloween all that scary any more. Now work, on the other hand…

Too true. If only I got treats at work instead of tricks!

@russell.harris  and sometimes a little appreciation added to the list as well right? Like the old saying go, when we do something right no one remember, but do something wrong, and no one forget. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since getting into this business I don’t find Halloween all that scary any more. Now work, on the other hand…

Too true. If only I got treats at work instead of tricks!

@russell.harris  and sometimes a little appreciation added to the list as well right? Like the old saying go, when we do something right no one remember, but do something wrong, and no one forget. 

Oh yes. Few bother to leave positive feedback but if something isn't right, negative feedback is a guarantee!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Got caught out with an RDP breach via another company's computer but caught it extremely quickly!
Thankfully, Webroot has captured and stopped many users from being the fuse setting of the firework on the network!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would the malware take a break for Halloween?

Its frankly selfish if it doesnt

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Great article, lots of information.  Scary stuff.

Userlevel 3

Great article, very informative. If only the EU’s would listen to the advice!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Would the malware take a break for Halloween?

It seems they never actually take a break. When they go silent I bet they’re just working on the next major threat release. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As they say : “No rest for the wicked!”

Userlevel 4

@TylerM , this cumulative post is freakin beautiful. I legit got excited to login and see it… I’m not normal. LOL But whatever. 😆

Seriously though, thanks for this.

Userlevel 4

Great writeup! Very informative. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Valyria looks nasty

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TylerM : Really enjoyed the webinar based on this information this morning. Thanks for breaking down some of the major threats and how best to protect ourselves.

I would encourage everyone to watch when the recording is up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I second that @TylerM

Thanks for another very interesting webinar. Your combination of knowledge and entertaining presenting was spot on as usual. 👍🏻