Solved

API Rate Limit?

• 8 January 2018
  • 8 replies

I'm wondering if there is some type of rate limit or maximum requests from a specific IP.

Recently, some of my automation has stopped working and a little bit into the script, requests just start timing out, though this was working previously.

Is there something I should be doing differently?
icon

Best answer by JosephRi 8 January 2018, 19:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

We will need to know more about your scripts to investigate the issue further. Please contact support by Clicking Here, and we will assist you right away.

Best regards,
Joseph R.
It would still be useful to know if there's such a limit.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
I can confirm API calls have slowed-down significantly.  My Powershell script that pulls endpoint info to find duplicate entries went from taking less than 5 minutes to 15.  I figured it was simply increased server load from the new Labtech integration plugin.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Are you seeing an error response of "Too Many Requests?" If not, there may be something else we need to look into. Please open a ticket with our support team if you continue to see latency issues.

Best regards,
Joseph R.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@,
The PowerShell script in question isn't outputting any errors, it just takes 3-4 times longer than it used to.  I rewrote the script to re-request the token occasionally, which took care of the problem.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
FWIW today my script audit script finished in 3 minutes flat!  They may have scaled-up the backend some in the last 2 weeks or so.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Thank you for the feedback! As we continue to improve infrastructure here to best serve our userbase, it's key to hear the voice of our partners. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how these changes have had an impact.

Best regards,
Joseph R. 
Badge +1

I use C# API and if I run the app to often for testing I get this “too many requests” exception after a while. I do use task/await in parallel for about 500 sites downloading site list in a synchronous call in a separate call and downloading  endpoints list for each site(over 10K total for all sites) in an asynchronous calls.