Solved

Documenting Policies

• 11 April 2019
  • 2 replies

We have a need to document all the settings for all our policies and I had an idea to use the rest api for this. I've managed to list all the policies, but I can't seem to get the policy settings. Is this possible? If it is, then how? If not, will it ever be?
icon

Best answer by cbullas 12 April 2019, 15:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Hi David, Unity API only provides detail down to the 'Policy Name'. If you are after the policy actual settings you can drill down from the GSM console to the End Point console and these's a box on the top right of the policy list page that let you export the details of each as a CSV.

So I'd suggest having this as 2 parts, the policy definition (or settings) and then an output of End points with which policy they have applied.

Unity API 'Endpoint management' has a call that will allow you to get specifics of an endpoint including the policy name that you can use to cross reference.

Can I ask why you want to do this? Is this for compliance?

Thank you! I didn't know about that box. That's actually what I needed. Now I won't need to use the api.
I'm actually not sure what it's needed for, I was just asked to export the information.