Solved

Forbidden/Unauthorized Accessing Child Sites

• 3 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I am trying to consume webroot console api methods. I am able to successfully authenticate, obtain a token, then use the token to consume the /service/api/console/gsm/{parentKey}/sites to obtain a list of child sites.

Whenever I attempt to consume any api call for the child sites I get an unauthorized response. I am replacing the {gsm} variable with the AccountKeyCode and the {siteId} with the SiteId property of sites being returned. I have also tried using the parent gsm and get the same result. The AccountKeyCode property returned by the /service/api/console/gsm/{parentKey}/sites doesn’t have the “-”s in it. So I tried both with and without.

There must be something obvious I’m missing about calling API methods for child sites. Please help.

FWIW, I’m using C# to access the API and I am not using the SDK.

icon

Best answer by cbullas 6 July 2020, 11:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, please check in the console you have access to the specific sites, you may be an Admin but you still need to update your access to sites that you have not created.

1. Login in your console
  2. Click ‘admin’ in menu
  3. ‘Admins’ tab
  4. Select the ‘user ‘you are using in Unity for  console access
  5. On the right side, select ‘Site Permissions’, there will be a list of all sites on this console.

If set to ‘No Access’ then you won’t be able to see anything in the Site calls.

Let me know how you get on.  

Thanks so much @cbullas - I was going nuts trying to figure that out. It worked. :thumbsup: