Knowledge Base

Getting Started with the Webroot Unity API and Postman

Userlevel 4

Question

Where can I find a detailed, narrated guide that will take me from downloading and installing Postman, to running my first Unity API requests?

Answer

We have comprehensive, online simulations that will guide you step-by-step through the following procedures:

1. Obtaining a REST Client (Postman)
  2. Obtaining your Unity API Credentials (Through the GSM Console)
  3. Using Postman and the Unity API to request an Access Token
  4. My First Requests - GET Site Data & GET Endpoint Data
All of these simulations are available by Clicking Here (https://lms.cfs-api.com/v2/scorm/lms.aspx?token=2cc0e25d-be9f-4fd5-bb6a-b3b9bf679fdf&lang=en-US)

4 replies

Userlevel 2
The simulations are a great help, thanks!

Regards Peter.
The simulations really helped me. I had a basic idea of APIs but never have taken advantage. The simulations really helped me as a beginner get off the ground. Now i'm using the API Reference Documentation to help me figure out how to automate particular proceses through the API. Big thumbs up!
Trying to complete the simulation steps in the Windows Desktop version of Postman, side-by-side with the simulation window (Chrome app was no longer available on the Postman site). 

I can successfully complete the POST request to generate my access token, but when I attempt the first GET request for /sites it always returns "error": "invalid_token", "error_description": "Access was denied due to invalid token."

I have tried altering the Authorization parameter, attempting to use "Bearer xxxxxxxxxxxxx..." (with a space between Bearer and the token, as in the simulation), "bearer xxxxxxxxxxxx...", "Bearerxxxxxxxxx...", "bearerxxxxxxxxxxx...", "Bearer%20xxxxxxxxxxxxx...", and just "xxxxxxxxxxxxx..." but every attempt returns the same invalid token error. I have also made sure to issue the GET request within the 299-second timeframe after generating the access token.

I haven't been able to find any reference to this invalid token error within the Webroot Unity forum. Can anyone advise me how to make this initial GET request for /sites work as it does in the simulation?

Best Regards,

Josef
Userlevel 4
Hi @JosefNT,

Please open a ticket with Webroot Support by clicking here. They will need your full request and response data (sans password and Client Secret) to diagnose further.

Best regards,
Joseph R.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings