Retrieving EndpointID from Computer

• 16 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I was wondering if there is a way to retreive the EndpointID from a computer?  We are a LabTech partner and it would be much easier to pull it from the computer instead of having to use an additional API call to obtain.

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

The EndpointID is generated server-side, and thus is only available via Unity API requests. You can retreive the EndpointID by using the GET Endpoints request from the Unity API (https://unityapi.webrootcloudav.com/Docs/APIDoc/Api/GET-api-console-gsm-gsmKey-sites-siteId-endpoints_type_hostName_machineId_order_orderDirection_pageSize_pageNr).

Thank you,
-Joseph

Userlevel 1
Thank you for your quick reply!

My concern is that some of our endpoints may have the same name.  While unlikely, it has happened in the past.

Am I correct in saying that the MachineId field is just the [InstanceMID]:::[DeviceMID]:::[DeviceMID]?  This would make it easier to guarantee that I'm working with the correct endpoint.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

You are correct, that is the format of the MachineID. We certainly appreciate the need to minimize the possibility of duplicates, and if you continute to run into the issue in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Best regards,
Joseph 

Userlevel 1
Thank you Joseph!!!