Webroot dashboard

• 21 November 2016
  • 9 replies

There was an impressive dashboard in the webinar showing what someone had created with the API. 

Just curious if there is any chance that the person who created that is interested in licensing the code - or open sourcing it?  It would save me a week a work.  :)

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

The customer that presented that dashboard to us is using it as a small piece of their greater integration, and has not expressed to us that they would be publishing their code at this time. Hopefully as we launch our Unity Coders group, we will see more samples of this type of usage. We will also be publishing some getting started code samples that use the Unity API and the open Google Charts JS libraries (https://developers.google.com/chart/). Stay tuned to these forums for upcoming news on the Unity Coders Group, and information on how to join when it is available. 

Best regards,
Joseph
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
This is awesome!

really like certain aspects of it.

I'm curious which API calls were used for some of the charts and numbers. Or if the information was being pulled from a database.

Knowing that would allow you to generate this kind of a dashboard using nearly any language.

Kind Regards,
Chris
Hello, do you have any updates on teh Unity Coders group which provides samples of this type of application for the API?
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

We are putting the final touches on the Unity Coders Group and there should be an announcement around code samples in the near future. 

Thank you,
Joseph
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Did the Unity Coders Group ever get created?
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Recently there have been a number of samples posted to the Unity API forum, but the coders group has yet to be officially launched. Is there something in particular you are looking for?

Best regards,
Joseph R.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Nothing in particular.  Just looking to take advantage of the API for better reporting.
I've figured out the basics, so just wanted to take the next step.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Do you currently use a reporting or Business Intelligence tool that you would like to connect with the Unity API or would you be looking for just extracting data?

Best,
Joseph R.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
As an MSP, we use BrightGauge for reporting.  It would be great to publish information to those dashboards.  We will also be implementing the LabTech plugin for management.  In between those, I just want to pull data to make sure everything stays in order (agent counts, versions, etc.).