Good Morning Thread

Show first post

9659 replies

Userlevel 7
Good morning Webrooters,
Looks like a very nice day today, sunny in the 80's. Tomorrow it all goes down hill. 😞
We talked to a few neighbors and they will be riding this hurricane out also. Hopefully it will hit south of us, but we are still in for one hell of a ride regardless. I have all backups on the Mac completed, WSA Backup, iCloud, SuperDuper Cloned and Time Machine, so I'm safe there. I'll update as time goes on.

Everyone have a great day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Good Morning Webrooters!

Hey PTD it sounds like you have everything ready awaiting the storm. We'll be thinking and praying about you and the neighbors that you're going to get through this without much damage.

You know me it's hard to express myself very good. 😉 But we will see you in a couple days when this is all over. 
Userlevel 7
Enjoy the weather while it lasts, Dave, and stay safe, my friend.
Userlevel 7
Thank you my friends. 😉

We just were informed that where my daughter lives in northern North Carolina she has to evacuate before the storm hits landfall. We invited her over with the grand kids to stay at our house until the storm passes. Now it looks like we have enough people for a few days to play some cards by candlelight since we have no generator. LOL 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@ProTruckDriver wrote:
Thank you my friends. 😉

We just were informed that where my daughter lives in northern North Carolina she has to evacuate before the storm hits landfall. We invited her over with the grand kids to stay at our house until the storm passes. Now it looks like we have enough people for a few days to play some cards by candlelight since we have no generator. LOL 😃

That is good of you Dave.
Stay safe and if/when you get chance let us know how things are.
Userlevel 7
Good morning Webrooters,
We dodged the bullet on Hurricane Florence here in the Hampton Roads area. We are getting bands of rain that will end sometime early Monday with the wind. We are in a Tornado watch today in our area. Our Thoughts and  Prayers for all that are in the storms path in NC and SC that are still getting hammered with wind, rain and flooding. I looked at the weather stations and @Ssherjj and @TripleHelix you'll be getting some rain from this storm as it makes it's way north on land. Wow and we still have until the end of November when Hurricane season ends. Have a great day Webrooters, I'll try to stay online while we still have power. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54

@ProTruckDriver wrote:
Good morning Webrooters,
We dodged the bullet on Hurricane Florence here in the Hampton Roads area. We are getting bands of rain that will end sometime early Monday with the wind. We are in a Tornado watch today in our area. Our Thoughts and  Prayers for all that are in the storms path in NC and SC that are still getting hammered with wind, rain and flooding. I looked at the weather stations and @Ssherjj and @TripleHelix you'll be getting some rain from this storm as it makes it's way north on land. Wow and we still have until the end of November when Hurricane season ends. Have a great day Webrooters, I'll try to stay online while we still have power. 😉

Good to hear Dave and yes I have been watching the track of the storm and we could get some let overs of Florence.
Userlevel 7
That is good news, Dave. Stay safe and dry. Hope you don't lose power. Sounds like it's going to be a long weekend.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
It may seem strange and very odd but I am hoping I get some rain from this system at the back end of next week, I have a job to do and I need rain afterwards.
But on the other hand back to the here and now, stay safe all of you and I hope most of you escape the wind and rain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ProTruckDriver that is fabulous news for you and family.  And it's good news to know we're getting rain to cool us off. Love that!

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Sorry I didnt reply sooner. It's been a hectic day trying to repair a computer from my sons Business. 

Stay safe and hopefully you can keep the power on. 😉
Userlevel 7
Good Morning and Afternoon Webrooters,
Cloudy day today and in the upper 80's. We may get a few showers today and tomorrow from the leftovers of Florence. It will be getting cooler at the end of the week, in the upper 70's sunny and low humidity. Hope everyone enjoys today. 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Greetings and salutations Webrooters.

It is good to see your weather is looking pretty much back to normal for now Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Good morning Webrooters!

It's a rainy gloomy day here in Arcade! It's only about 60 degrees now. Welcoming cool weather!

See you all alittle later. Off to my hubby's OT & ST. And have to do a few other things...  😉

Have a great day everyone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Greetings Sherry and my fellow Webrooters.
It has been a lovely sunny day here BUT we also had our first frost this morning and there is a definite chill in the air now.
Userlevel 7
Good morning / afternoon Webrooters.

We have a cloudy day today and it will be going down hill in a few hours. Tropical Storm Michael will be going over the top of us tonight. Heavy winds and lots of rain, down trees and power outages are expected. We are under a Tornado Watch until 9 PM tonight. It good that this storm is a fast mover. Friday afternoon we'll have low humidity and fall like weather. I'll try to stay online as long as possible while we have power, but if you see me gone you'll know we are sitting by candle light. LOL :S

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Good Morning Webrooters!

It's rainy and cool here and I believe the warm days are gone now for temps will be in the high 40s. 

Be careful and stay safe @ProTruckDriver! Hopefully the winds will not cause any or much damage. Please keep us posted if you can after the storm so that we know you and Colleen are alright. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Take care @ProTruckDriver and let us know how things are as and when you can.
Userlevel 7
Good morning Webrooters.
The storm has passed and left it mark on Tidewater Area with power outages and down trees. Our power went out last night for about 5 minutes. There are almost 500K people without power in the area. I went outside this morning and no damage to my property, just a lot of clean up with branches and leaves. They will probably turn the power off in our area to fix and connect other damaged areas, they have done that before. Looking at the Virginia Power Map there is a lot without power this morning.:(

Thoughts and Prayers for the people in Florida that have lost everything. 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Good Morning Webrooters!

Thank you for the update Dave. It's nice that you didnt suffer any damage. Dont over due yourself with the cleanup of branches and raking of leaves. Raking is hard I think especially this time of year. I get blisters if I dont wear gloves.
It's very sad for Florida residents who have lost so much... 😞

That's alot of folks without power... 😞

Everyone have a nice weekend! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
It is great to have an update from you Dave. I saw some pics on the news and the damage in the coastal areas is terrible, I am glad your home is prett much unscathed though.

@Ssherjj you should have hands like mine 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Raking is hard I think especially this time of year. I get blisters if I dont wear gloves.

This is so true, especially those shoddy wooden handles.

Dave, glad to hear everything is ok and there was only a minimal impact on your home! It will be nice when these hurricanes take a break.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Finally cooled down enough for me to get a lot of house renovations. Gonna have a new media room soon! we gotta paint the baseboards and let them dry and then install them and move the stuff in. 

it used to look like the capital wasteland from fallout... lol

will show before and after pics when complete... I am in love with the color and feel to the room already.

it's going from wasteland junk room to swanky media room. <3 

other new stuff is working on a partnership with a very cool company. Hope it works out well. hosting related. :) 

been so busy with work and house stuff.... 
Userlevel 7
Good morning Webrooters,
Today is Happy Boss's Day! If you're the boss be kind to your employees! :S
It's raining here and the temp is only 68, Oh my aching bones in this damp weather..

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday. 😃

Userlevel 7
Good morning Webrooters,
Another rainy morning here, but it will turn into sunshine by this afternoon. Nice weather ahead for us here in the south. We'll be at the beach house this weekend. I'm almost done reading all about the Mac upgrade and I believe some time next week I'll be upgrading the Mac to Mojave. Hey, everyone enjoy your day at work and the retirees enjoy a relaxing day. 😃

Userlevel 7
Good afternoon Webrooters,
Colleen and I are getting ready to head out to Virginia Beach for the Weekend. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Anyone playing the Lotto, remember your friends if you win.

If I win, my friends on the forum can retire with a lot of money. Good Luck.:D

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings