The Battle With Cancer Begins

Show first post

110 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello @ProTruckDriver

Dave, great news to hear the results of your doctors appointment.  I am very glad for YOU and Colleen.  I wish you and Colleen the best!   Keep truckin.......
Userlevel 7

@ProTruckDriver wrote:
Hi Webrooters,
Today I had my 6 month appointment with my Oncologist for blood work. We talked things over for about an hour since I had a few questions for him. He stated it's been 4 years now since I was diagnosed with Leukemia. The first few years with blood tests every 3 months and the last 2 years blood tests ever 6 months. He said that my blood tests are steady. I was excited to hear him say "Blood test once a year now" 😃 Although he did say any signs of any type of infections to notify him immediately. Looks like 2017 is going to be a great year for us. Thanks Webroot Members for your Support. 😉

I just saw this, Dave. This IS great news. Glad to hear that you'll be around for many moons to come. 🙂 Hope everything is going well with Colleen, too. You both take care of each other and stay positive. You know that all of us here are wishing you both only the best.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +51
Great news @ProTruckDriver ! 
Best wishes! May you and your family be healthy and happy!
Userlevel 7
Happy New Year, Dave

At last some further heartening news for you...which is great to hear about.

As you say, may 2017 be a better year for you and Colleen.

All the best, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
That is good news @ProTruckDriver, I am not going to tempt fate in here and start jumping for joy though LOL you have had a rough enough time as it is without me making it worse for you. However with tests once a year now it is a really good sign and I hope at some point they will be able to give you the all clear.
I wish you and your good wife Colleen have a very Happy New Year with a massive upturn in the health of you both.

Well BD our weather is supposed to turn colder next week so we may start getting the stuff that you lot are sending in this direction.
Userlevel 6
@ProTruckDriver  I am  terribly sorry to hear that you and your wife have been confronted wirh this terrible disease. but it is good to read that both of  you are going into the right direction! I cenceraly hope that 2017 will be a marvelous year for the both of you! 
Userlevel 7
I haven't updated this thread in over a year, so here's a little update for my many friends on the forum. Colleen and I are still here kicking. LOL. Colleen has been cancer free now for 2 years and I hope many more years to come. As for me with the Leukemia my blood work has been stable. Hopefully they will find a cure of this type of cancer (CLL). This last September was a bad month for me with two trips to the Emergency Room. One at the beginning of the month for very bad abdominal pain, which the found to be coming from my back (spinal stenosis) and at the end of the month for a very bad leg infection from the knee to the toes. To top it off I had a CT Scan with contrast and had very bad side effects from the contrast for two days. To sum it up we both are doing pretty good with all the medical things that are wrong with us. Thanks for your support Webroot Members. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@ProTruckDriver wrote:
I haven't updated this thread in over a year, so here's a little update for my many friends on the forum. Colleen and I are still here kicking. LOL. Colleen has been cancer free now for 2 years and I hope many more years to come. As for me with the Leukemia my blood work has been stable. Hopefully they will find a cure of this type of cancer (CLL). This last September was a bad month for me with two trips to the Emergency Room. One at the beginning of the month for very bad abdominal pain, which the found to be coming from my back (spinal stenosis) and at the end of the month for a very bad leg infection from the knee to the toes. To top it off I had a CT Scan with contrast and had very bad side effects from the contrast for two days. To sum it up we both are doing pretty good with all the medical things that are wrong with us. Thanks for your support Webroot Members. :D

I'm so sorry to hear that, Dave. I'm glad that Colleen is 2 years cancer free and that you're both hanging in there and doing pretty well despite everything that you've gone through together! 

Thanks for keeping us all up to date with the latest. We've got your back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@freydrew wrote:

@ProTruckDriver wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Dave. I'm glad that Colleen is 2 years cancer free and that you're both hanging in there and doing pretty well despite everything that you've gone through together! 

Thanks for keeping us all up to date with the latest. We've got your back. 

This. Keep ON TRUCKIN!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello ProTruckDriver!

That is wonderful news about Colleen being cancer free for 2 years. You really did have an awfully painful September with those medical issues. That CT Scan with contrast is nasty for alot of people and especially when you have cancer. It must react like a poison in your system. My Mother has cancer and she refuses to have that done for many reasons....

I wish there was a cure coming for Leukemia. I lost a girlfriend when I was 16 and it's really can be a touch and go disease. I am happy to hear you are sustaining and holding on with this type of Cancer.

Thank you for updating all of us here Dave!;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings