Solved

Accessing Endpoint Protection

Hello,

We are new to Webroot and we have purchased it mainly because it integrates with LabTech. 

After activating our license and intergrating that license with LabTech I cannot seem to connect to the Endpoint Protection once logged into the SecureAnywhere portal. Once i click "Go to EndPoint Protection" it sends me back to the login screen. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 
icon

Best answer by JohnnyS 29 May 2015, 18:05

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Any error message, or does it just display the normal login screen after the attempt?
There was no error message. It would just direct me to the normal login screen. 

Thanks for the quick response! Did you make any changes? Because it seems to be working now... And I havent done anything differently.. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I didn't do anything on my end.  I'm wondering if it was just a temporary glitch on the server side that was preventing you from logging in.  Either way, glad it is working now.  Please let me know if it stops working at any point in the future!
Actually, now I am getting a "Session Expired" error within Enpoint Protection. 

It then redirects me to the login page. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hm, that doesn't sound good.  Let me ping one of the support folks to see what to try next.
Awesome, Thanks Nic! 
Userlevel 5
So this usually happens when you have dual Internet Service Providers or sometimes in rare cases just multiple IP addresses.

The IP changes when you change domains into the endpoint protection console and you get logged out.

I have developed a tool for testing this. You can download it from http://download.webroot.com/WRPipeDet.7z. If the result shows that you have multiple IP addresses you will have to log into your router and force the console traffic out one ISP or IP.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you run into problems running the tool you can go to "Edit > Output Log File". This will place the log file on your desktop. Just PM me the result (please don't post it here, the logs will have your public IP in them).
Neat tool.

Though to outcome was "Single IP Detected!".

BUT,, we do have multiple ISPs and IP addresses..
Hey Johnny,

Don't worry about looking any further into this. I can connect to a machine that is off-site and I can access it there!

Thank you for your prompt responses and assistance.

Wes
Userlevel 5
If you could PM me the log file as explained in the previous post. I'd like to debug the program to see where the issue is.

Right now it queries 5 servers 2 times each for 10 results of IP address. As long as it gets 3 IP addresses back it will return a result. Maybe I need to lower the tolerance (ie make it require more then 3 IP addresses).
FYI we are new to webroot and we are having the same issue when logging in through labtech, "session expired"
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you opened a case with support yet?
Userlevel 7
Hello @,

I would advise contacting our support team so they can gather some logs and find out why this is happening.

Support Number: https://tel:18008708102
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Best Regards,