Solved

Add a PC on a different network

• 18 June 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi There

I have two offsite users who have their own LAN, router, etc. but which are officially part of our company. I need to configure a new PC for one of them (installing applications etc.) and I've configured our LAN at my end (the one I will connect to so that I can install software) to install Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus via MSI/group policy.

I've got the spare slots on our Webroot licence, so that's all good, but once the PC has reached its destination LAN, will it report in to the management console properly, connect to the web to update itself, etc.? Do I need to set up any new Webroot policies to help this happen, and if so with what settings?

I hope that it does all work "out of the box" as it were, as it would make my life easier. The users at this remote location are pretty clumsy when it comes to PC security - they've got themselves infected with spambots two or three times in the last year - so anything that helps to nix problems like that before they arise would be great. They have paid-for AVG licences already, but I know from this end that AVG misses things and that Webroot works fine on machines with AVG installed. 

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Julian
icon

Best answer by nic 18 June 2015, 16:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep, they'll check in normally no matter where they are located.  That's one of the nice things about having a cloud-based console 🙂  If they don't show up for any reason, let us know and we can help you sort it out.
I hoped you'd say that - thanks!
😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing!