Adware.FusionCore Not Detected

• 24 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +15

Just an FYI, A Business SecureAnywhere client had a noticeable increase in DNS requests coming from their network with no apparent cause. As a precaution I temporarily installed and ran MalwareBytes which detected Adware.FusionCore on one of the systems. This had gone undetected by WebRoot and Windows Defender.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Best to open a support ticket for this.  You could then submit file samples for Webroot to analyze so they could adapt and resolve this issue for others.

It would be of great help to everyone in the community.

Badge +10

Just an FYI, A Business SecureAnywhere client had a noticeable increase in DNS requests coming from their network with no apparent cause. As a precaution I temporarily installed and ran MalwareBytes which detected Adware.FusionCore on one of the systems. This had gone undetected by WebRoot and Windows Defender.

Antiviruses may fail, theres no perfect option. Im a home user and I tried more than 10 different antiviruses. They all failed. I remember having like 4 different adwares at the same time and some PUPs and trojans. Avast failed a lot as I was using that most of the time.