Agent Commands - Advanced - Run a DOS Command - Examples of various commands?

• 27 July 2016
  • 8 replies

I have tried initiating a scan using wrsa -scan="C:" from the agent DOS command. It reports that it executed, but I can't verify it.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Is that the exact syntax you used?
wrsa -scan="C:"
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also you should be able to see the scan showing in the local logs on the machine.
yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok then just check the log on that machine and it should confirm the scan ran.
From a PC command prompt, I type msg tosborne /w test and it displays a message window. When I got to Agent Commands, Advanced, Run a DOS command, and type in msg tosborne /w test, it comes back as executed, but no message window on the PC. Please advise. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Not sure on that one - I'd suggest contacting support and they should be able to help further:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA
Userlevel 4
Hello,

Reason you are not seeing a response is because it is running it in the system context. When you go into CMD locally it is running in the USER context and the output is then presented.

Unfortunately it is unable to do it in the User process.

Your original inquiry is running a scan. To confirm the scan executed you can check the log file. This log is located at C:ProgramDataWRData please remember this is a hidden directory. The log you want to look at is WRLog.log and scroll all the way to the bottom for most recent information.

Thanks,
John M.
Thanks!