Solved

Browser Extension installed 5/2/18 causing IE to fail and Desktop to become unresponsive

I use Webroot across aproximately 80 computers and so far 3 have picked up an update on the browser filtering extension as of this morning (5/2/18 @ 8am) this causes one of the IE processes to fail and then the desktop will not able to be interacted with.  All programs/links or anything on the desktop is not responsive until either that failing IE Process is forced closed.  Accessing programs through the start menu continues to work fine, only affects the desktop.  This also only affects Windows 7, it does not cause the issue in windows 10.

I've killed the bad IE process on one computer and restarted the other 2, the restarted computers have yet to have the issue again, the other one has experienced the issue twice more.  Do we need to restart the computers after this extension upgrade to finish an install??  

Anyone else having this issue?
icon

Best answer by alfcar 14 June 2018, 12:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @!  It might be best to open a ticket with our support team so they can quickly identify and resolve for you, as it sounds like something is conflicting with the update. 
Badge +1
Hi!

I opened a ticket (#164501) for this problem and it turned out to be a problem with the IE-plugin. It has now been solved through a hotfix. Resolution below:

"We have released a hotfix for this issue in build 1.7.0.16 and no further issues have been reported from the field. Please reopen this ticket if this issue persists. If you have disabled the shield, please re-enable it at this time.

Thank you,
Shawn T
Webroot Lead Global Escalation Team"