Business Endpoint Protection install on Laptop/PC not connected to Server

• 16 June 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I have a Windows 2012 Essentals Server with a single Windows 10 PC connected . I also have a Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 Media PC.

What I wanted to ask is that if I get the 5 device license would I be able to use/install it in my Laptop and PC which are NOT connected to the server or do I have to get seperate 'non-endpoint' licenses

Thanks
Steve

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep you can install on any device and it will check into the same console. There's nothing you have to install on the server since it's all cloud based. You and the endpoints can check in from anywhere that has Internet.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I hadn't realised this is cloud based. My concern with all cloud based products is  - what happens when my connection to the internet goes down? Does happen for various reason.

Is my system strill protected? 

Also what if the reason that my connection is down is virus/malware related. Would I still have access to Webroot system/tools to help solve the problem? 

Thanks Again
Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
When a machine isn't online it still uses local heuristics and monitoring to record all changes a new process makes. Then once it gets back online and can talk to our servers it can reverse any changes made if that program turns out to be malicious.

If there's malware that is blocking your internet connection then that's another story and we'd have our support folks work with you to manually remove that and get you back up and running. Support and malware removal is included in the price so you don't get charged extra for that.