Central management of Mac Clients

Hello,

I am testing Webroot Business Endpoint protection for my business.  We have a number of Mac systems in addition to Windows.  Webroot software installs fine on the Mac but the managment console offers much less information and fewer features for the installed Mac systems.

I have not found much clarifiation on what can and cannot be done on Mac via the managment console.

Is it possible to cenrtally manage mac in the same way as windows machines?

Thanks.

George

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm checking to find out what the roadmap on those features for Mac is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So I found out there's no plans for working on this in Q1 this year, but it'll be revisited in the next planning round for Q2.

Any particular features you're wanting to see that are missing, so I can pass that feedback along?
I would just like to see similar information that is shown for Windows clients.

For example, you can see scan history for Windows clients but you cannot see it for Mac clients in the Management console.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks, I'll pass that info along!
Hi nic

My Customer have a lot Mac Machine,and like to manage those clinets form Central Console.

Does Mac Product roadmap have any update this year? 

Seth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep - we're working on a lot of Mac stuff this year.  I'll see if I can find a roadmap with more info.
Any news or updated for the Mac Roadmap talked about? If not, could we get a general estimation on when we might get any news or updates?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't have any other news on it but I know it's still on the list for this year. I'll see if I can get any other news.
I just installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Business client on my Macs running Mavericks & Yosemite. The default settings disable some of Adobe's keyboard shortcuts, such as Illustrator's Hand Tool selection using the space bar among others. I found this link and tried the fix and it works although it sets Webroot into "Red Mode" which is less than optimal.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1563256

Is there no way to set a policy for Apple Mac agents to disable "Secure Keyboard Entry" under Advanced Settings?
Ok, hoping for some news soon, seeing as we only have 4 months left in the calendar year. Also, when the news/updates do come, where would be a good place to access/view them? Might have just missed it, but haven't really seen any kind of product updates/roadmaps for the Mac features.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry - I don't have any news yet. When I do I'll let you guys know.