Cisco Anyconnect

• 18 June 2016
  • 4 replies

My Company is considering switching to Webroot so we are testing it.   We have a problem in that Cisco Anyconnect VPN is not detecting Webroot so we can't VPN into network as it requires a valid updated and support Antivirus.

Any ideas would be appreciated..  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello dwt1020

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a look at this Thread here and see if it sheds any light on your situation. Otherwise this might be answered in the Webroot Business Forum better then here?  @nic or ? who are our Moderators that can help with this question.

Userlevel 7
Hi dwt1020

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you need this posted in the Business side of the Community then just let us know as we can move the whole thread over there for you. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Due to poor performance of another Antivirus we are testing Webroot as a possible replacement.  I installed a trial on one PC and immediately encountered a problem in that Cisco Anyconnect VPN doesn't detect Webroot is installed.  Due to a recent acquistion we need to VPN to our parent company which requires updated Antivirus.   Would this be a webroot issue or a Cisco issue?   

Note:  Our current Antivirus ( Vipre) encounters the same problem occasionally but if we try again it will be detected and we can successfully VPN. However no matter how many times I retry on the test PC, cisco Anyconnect doesn't detect Webroot.  According to Cisco list of support Antivirus Webroot is a supported product.
Thanks in Advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I talked to one of my support contacts and it looks like this is an issue on the Cisco side. Their VPN is looking for a traditional signature-based AV solution, and since Webroot doesn't work that way then the VPN complains. If you don't have any luck talking to Cisco let me know and we can get us and them on the phone together with you to see what we can do to sort this out.