Solved

Citrix printing issues - printers going offline unless Webroot is uninstalled or partially disabled

• 31 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Webroot Endpoint Protection 9.0.24.37
Citrix Receiver 3.4 Enterprise connecting to a XenApp 6.5 farm

Recently we've had a rash of complaints of users whose printers stop working in our XenApp 6.5 environment. We find that the printers are showing offline on the Citrix servers when this happens.

In order to stop this, we either have to disable 'Scan files when written or modified' as per CTX218745, or totally remove Webroot from the workstation (whether Windows 7 or 10). Obviously both of these are big security concerns!

One of our customers' onsite technicians says he called Webroot on this and was supposedly told that this was a known issue and would be resolved in a future release. Is this actually the case? If so, when will it be resolved?
icon

Best answer by akim 2 January 2019, 19:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31
If you are experiencing this issue please do open a support ticker. We have a hotifx release of WSA that we'd like to confirm that it resolves this issue and would like to try as widely as possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
I'd advise that you contact our support team who will be able to advise you correctly.

Jonathan
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Would also like to know the ETA: we have several clients affected by this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We do not have an ETA yet, but I would recommend opening a support ticket as they may be able to resolve the issue sooner than waiting for the official release. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@akim We have many machines at different clients with this problem. We've just been disabling the "scan files when written or modified" setting on those as a workaround.

@JGiffard Good to know, thanks! I don't have time to test it now, but the next time one of our techs reports a new instance of the problem I'd be happy to test it. The problem for us specifically is that only our 5 NOC engineers have GSM accounts, so as far as I know this means all support requests have to flow through us. I'd love for our techs to be able to work directly with support: I'm trying to convince mgmt to let us create read-only admin accounts for them.

Adam
Badge +1
How do we get access to the hotfix

Please let me know so we can get this installed at client site.

The client has a citrix virtual desktop environment and all virtual machines are unable to print to local printers which we believe is potentially due to this previously reported issue.

Printing for this client has only become an issue again over the last 2 days.

We need to understand this and have the hotfix you described in the chain of communications above to see if this helps with this client.

Pleased share guidance on this today.