Deactivated Endpoint

• 12 October 2016
  • 4 replies

I am curious as to why an endpoint would show up in my Deactivated Endpoint group when I did nothing to put it there.  Also when I go to the computer that has the deactivated endpoint it seems to work fine so I have no idea why it is there.  

Anyone have any ideas?  I do not want to click on reactivate till I know what is going on. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hmm, ?, I am not sure how that could happen. I would suggest that you reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look and help you figure out what's going on. 

You can either reach them by phone at 1-800-870-8102 or create a support ticket at https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp.

Let us know if you have any advice to share after you speak with them!
Thanks, I created a ticket and will let you know the outcome.
Here is the response I received from support.

"The only way machines can be moved into the deactivated group is by clicking the deactivate button within the console. As to why it's still its still running on the endpoint, my hunch is that it was likely was deactivated recently and it hasn't checked in to pull down the uninstall command yet. I would advise simply reactivating the machine out of the deactivated group and refresh configurations locally to see if WSA uninstalls from the machine. If it doesn't then it means that the uninstall command has expired, and you're good to go. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to respond back to this ticket."

Since I do not know where the deactivation button is I find it hard to believe I clicked it.  Since I do not go clicking buttons when I do not know what they do I am confident I did not click any deactivation button, where ever it is.

When I first installed the endpoint the computer had a different name then it does now.   I changed the name on the computer.
I think it is possible that because of the name change it threw the system in deactivation, though the endpoint on the system didn't care about the name change so it stayed working.  

Just a thought.  I did hit the reactivation and everything in the console is back to normal.   I have other machines I am going to rename so I will keep on eye on this.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I think your thought makes sense, so hopefully that is all it was and you're all set now. Do let us know if it happens again without a name change. Thanks for posting the reply and your additional thoughts!