Solved

Deleting Deactivated Endpoints

• 18 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi. I’ve seen a few posts about contacting support to remove Deactivated Endpoints, is this still the case or is there a new way to do it?

My OCD hates seeing deactivated endpoints for machines I no longer support!

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 18 April 2022, 18:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@russell.harris 

From what I know, yes, you still have to contact support. 

I actually kinda prefer that they remain in the deactivated group. This I use for troubleshooting at times as we have multiple techs that have permissions to specific sites and they might do something that we can go back and look at. 

I’d just leave it. It’s not worth the hassle.

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks jhartnerd123

I’ve just taken over some Endpoint clients and am in the process of cleaning up all the seats and active Macs and trying to sort out the deactivated ones and I just want to get everything as clean as I can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@russell.harris  I am in the same boat…… OCD Overload.  I have posted this in ideas / suggestion a while ago, and also today again, not seeing your message here. It really is a thorn in my flesh to be honest. Not only de-activated endpoints, BUT also deactivated sites. in our console, it go back a long long time as we have been using Webroot for years now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the info @Martin.1 

Not reassuring that it’s been going on that long though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the info @Martin.1 

Not reassuring that it’s been going on that long though!

@russell.harris  At least we are heard, compared to other providers we use to use, never even had a bother to reply to our feature requests. This is on the roadmap, and I am sure some time in the near future it will be done and we can remove it ourself, which will be a very good win. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Agreed. I do find webroot care compare to some other vendors where it feels pointless giving feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@russell.harris 

While you still can’t delete the deactivated endpoints themselves, you can, however, delete deactivated sites in your console. Not sure how many sites you manage, but we manage thousands spanned across multiple consoles, so the ability to free up some site resources (the console has a limit of 1000 sites if ya didn’t already know), so we need to keep close attention to this. 

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@russell.harris

While you still can’t delete the deactivated endpoints themselves, you can, however, delete deactivated sites in your console. Not sure how many sites you manage, but we manage thousands spanned across multiple consoles, so the ability to free up some site resources (the console has a limit of 1000 sites if ya didn’t already know), so we need to keep close attention to this. 

John

I’m all good with sites. Got that nice and organised. I just have so many deactivated endpoints everywhere from inherited sites and I really want it tidy.

I like the idea of deactivated endpoints though, as we have some clients that like to deactivate some spare machines from time to time. I just also want to delete some!