Solved

Does Webroot have a response for the test results described in the Q3 2016 MRG-Effitas test report?

• 11 November 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
See the report at https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-Q3-2016.pdf .
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 19 January 2017, 22:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Our team is reviewing the report and will post an update soon. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
It is somewhat disconcerting that there has been no response after several weeks.

I am a small business VAR and MSP and have been using and recommending Webroot for a couple of years now. But a client who is growing wants to be sure that they have "the best".

Since Webroot doesn't participate in the industry testing, and got docked in the recent tests by MRG-Effitas, I'm in a bit of a quandry for a response. I "eat my own dog food", but don't have the resources to do full blown testing, so I need to rely on reports from other reliable sources.

If there is no response from Webroot, what am I left to conclude? Am I asking in the wrong place? Should I go looking at other companies?

I found Neil J. Rubenking's review to be helpful in explaining why Webroot gets docked in some of the testing results.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2470312,00.asp

But I'm still left wondering if Webroot has a response.

Regards.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Hello? Is anyone there? Does anyone care?
Userlevel 7
Statement from our Team:

We thank you for your making Webroot a part of your service offering. The pass/fail criteria for this test is +- 3 percentage points. In order to achieve a level II certification or higher, the app must detect and neutralize at least 97% of the threats before or upon the first re-scan. For level 1 certification, 100% must be achieved. Although MRG is a trusted testing partner of Webroot, it’s safe to say that no AM app is 100%. Upon release of the test and subsequent review of samples, there were two samples pulled as a result of misclassification. This alone would boost Webroot’s results if re-posted. Webroot had a very strong presence in the MSP market which we are constantly looking to improve through increased product efficacy, deeper 3rd party integrations, etc. A member of the Webroot product team would be happy to discuss the results of this test further via a 1:1 phone conversation if so desired.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Thank you for the response! That makes sense to me and gives me confidence in continuing to use and recommend Webroot.

Regards.
TimC