Solved

give users right to enable or disable web client

• 20 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Webroot client is stopping us from running certain programs.  How can I allow users to disable webroot on their computers when they are running their program? this will be company wide.  I want to give them right from the webconsole as I’m the admin

Thank you

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 20 April 2023, 17:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @mady 

It would be best to talk to Webroot Support as they will work with you for the best way to overcome this issue without shutting down WSA.

Either call them or Submit a Business Support Ticket!

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@mady 

Giving users the ability to turn off the product IS NOT good practice. In our MSP with thousands of clients, WE NEVER give the user the option to turn off protection. This leaves them open to attacks.

When something doesn’t quite work right, turning off can be a troubleshooting method, but we only do this temporarily and after troubleshooting we immediately lock it back down. 

Dealing with support to get a software working ususlly involves gathering some logs and a support ticket. They’ll look through and whitelist anything that’s needed.

Webroot can also work with you on setting up policies that would work best for your environment. 

I urge you though, NEVER do what  you are suggesting. 

Regards

John H