Global Console does not show the site's renamed endpoint

• 13 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Within my site, I’ve renamed some endpoints so that they are more descriptive than some of the generic hostnames.

Here’s the issue, those custom names don’t appear in the global console - neither in the groups nor in reports.

I’m trying to deploy evasion shield, but this limitation makes it unusable.  Evasion shield’s reports don’t appear within my site, only the global console.  But the global console doesn’t honor my custom endpoint names.  So when I run the evasion shield reports, I get a list of endpoints but they are the original hostnames which are meaningless to me.

I have contacted support about this issue.  They advised this is a known issue but is low on the priority list for dev.  I suspect that Webroot doesn’t fully understand or appreciate the depth of this problem.

You keep pushing to use evasion shield, but evasion shield isn’t useful  for me until this is fixed.  Either include the evasion shield reports within my site or fix this bug in the global console, please.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @bbarnes ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community  

Sorry to hear you are having this issue and the fact that Support wasn't able to help you.

I'm not that familiar with the Business Globle Console. Would this link help you? It is also  probable that I'm not understanding your issue or how to enable Webroot to recognize your customized nanes on the Global Console  or elsewhere.  Maybe someone here can assist you further ... @freydrew?

https://community.webroot.com/endpoint-agent-105/how-to-enable-the-webroot-evasion-shield-343775

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello @bbarnes ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community  

Sorry to hear you are having this issue and the fact that Support wasn't able to help you.

I'm not that familiar with the Business Globle Console. Would this link help you? It is also  probable that I'm not understanding your issue or how to enable Webroot to recognize your customized nanes on the Global Console  or elsewhere.  Maybe someone here can assist you further ... @freydrew?

https://community.webroot.com/endpoint-agent-105/how-to-enable-the-webroot-evasion-shield-343775

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However, no, unfortunately that does not help.