Solved

Help with deploying new Key Code

• 4 June 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Wonder if someone can help me. I'm currently trialling Webroot Global Site Manager, and have generated some new Key Codes to deploy to endpoints.

My question is this: I have used both the .exe and an .msi with the new keycode to install. If webroot is already installed, it just opens the GUI (if it's enabled). I was assured that the key code should over write the key code currently in place. Is there an easy way of doing this?

When we do eventually migrate to the new console, we have a lot of clients that we are currently deploying via .msi. It would be a royal pain to have to uninstall nearly 1000 endpoints to just have a new key code.

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by nic 4 June 2014, 18:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's a command in the console you can use to change keycodes on the endpoints.  Just go to Group Management, then select a group.  Click on Agent Commands, then keycode, then change keycode.  That will work as long as the current keycode isn't expired.  If it is expired let me know and we can get support involved to temporarily re-activate the current keycode to make the switch.

Also, when you say you've used both the exe and the msi to install, you mean on different machines right?  If you run them both on the same machine you'll get duplicate installs.

Let me know if that works!
Userlevel 2
Nic, yes, on different machines, should have mentioned that.

I'll have a look at the console and see what happens. Thanks for the head's up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing - let us know how it turns out.
Userlevel 2
Hi Nic,

Changing the keycode worked very nicely, thank you.

That will save me a bit of an administrative nightmare when we do decide to migrate to the Global Management Console.

Thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad that did the trick.  Yeah the new GSM console is nice.  There's more features coming this year; lots of dev resources are going into improving it.
Hi, that fine for Endpoint protection clients. What about Mobile Protection? This is an even bigger hassle changing. How to do that without asking all users to uninstall and install a gin on their mobiles.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Not sure on that one, let me check for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So we can change the keycode on the backend for you, make it seamless.  Just contact our support team:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp#