Solved

Heuristics: Too much of a black box to tell us what they do?

• 12 January 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
The heuristics setting levels really give no way for me to make an informed decision on what level I should be setting them to other than your recommended defaults. Descriptions like "use this if you feel you're infected or think the endpoint is at high risk" leaves me kind of at the same place I started. I feel like I’m playing with fire changing them around, even on test machines.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but I thought I'd bring up...or something...
icon

Best answer by psullivan 14 January 2013, 17:30

View original

2 replies

Badge +7
The majority of the settings are provided as a way to help support troubleshoot a system.  Allowing you to turn certain features on or off.  For 99% of your systems, you just leave the settings on the default.  Using policies to decide whether you want the UI to show at the endpoint and scheduling the scans.

I hope that helps.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
One last thing to add, if you are trying to adjust the heuristics in relation to a certian behavior you are observing on a particular Endpoint, I would recommend opening a ticket with Support and engaging them directly.  They will be able to assist in investigating and helping to resolve any problems you are encountering.

You can do this by right clicking on the Agent icon in the sys tray, selecting the 'Help and Support' link and clicking on the 'Open a Support ticket' link on the resulting web page.