Solved

How do I remove an endpoint from a console that no longer exists becuase the system was wiped?

• 30 June 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hey Everybody,

I've had a client wipe their system to factory defaults, thereby removing the WSA agent from her system.

I've since reconfigured everything and reinstalled the agent onto the system. Problem now is that there are two systems with the identical name being reported in the console.
How do I remove the old endpoint as I've hit deactivate, but there's no agent to remove.

Client is concerned about being double billed for the one endpoint.

Thanks

John Hart
Nerds On Site
johnh@nerdsonsite.com
icon

Best answer by nic 30 June 2015, 17:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What happened after you deactivated the old endpoint?  It should move it to the Deactivated Endpoints group and remove one from your count of installed machines so that they don't get double-counted for billint purposes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
What happened was that they wiped the system and when I go to the console to deactivate the old entry, it remains listed as if it was still installed.

Now the system is back and running, same machine name, and agent reinstalled, but the old duplicate remains, just saying last seen and protected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's strange as deactivating it should remove it and put it in the deactivated endpoints group.  Would you like me to have support follow up with you to see what is going on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Thanks, I will give it another go at the deactivate command and see what happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Cool - let me know how it goes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Fancy that, it finally removed itself and went to the deactivated endpoints group.

Weird. But all is good now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
All's well that ends well 🙂