How Do You Drive Traffic?

• 5 August 2014
  • 9 replies

So the link to my site is in my signature, but it is, again, http://www.thanksaj.com. So it's a fairly new site. I'm looking for ways I can drive traffic to the site. I am posting links on various websites, such as Reddit, Facebook, via Twitter and on several tech communities, including this one. However, I'm wondering if there are any other techniques I should consider employing. Reddit has been marvelous so far! However, I want to spread this site far and fast! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think like any online endeavor, it's about participating and building relationships.

The other key to a blog or anything you are trying to get off the ground is consistency.  It takes a while for people to become aware of a new thing, whether it is writing, meetings, or other organizations.  If you keep the pace going regularly then you'll get people who come to expect that once a week or month they should visit your site to see what is new.
Nic, 

That's one thing I've been working hard on. I am trying to make sure i consistently deliver content. Until the end of September, I'm going to post one article/week and one review/week. The reviews I hope to keep going after the end of September at one/week but we'll see. The articles I plan to eventually drop to one or two a month. My biggest issue is a lot of times I run out of things to write about, or at least feel like I do. I need to get better at coming up with ideas for topics! Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Cool - keep us posted on the new articles as they come in.
I will. I've had over 175 unique hits to my site in less than 24 hours, and that's just from my one link on Reddit! 
Userlevel 5
easiest way to increase hits it pay for preferential placement in search engine results, we bought all the keywords even remotely related to what my company does and it's the only reason their horrible webpage gets any hits.
Userlevel 5
on a semi related note i just bought baconsandwich.net no clue wtf I'm going to do with it yet but didn't want to pass it up it's a badass domain...
@ wrote:
on a semi related note i just bought baconsandwich.net no clue wtf I'm going to do with it yet but didn't want to pass it up it's a badass domain...
Alrighty then.......
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
That is an awesome domain name.  I can't believe it wasn't taken already.  You should start a food blog with pictures of bacon sandwiches 🙂
Amen to this!