Solved

How to unblock my site

• 17 June 2013
  • 1 reply

Hello - I was just notified by my boss that his brother recieved a notice from Webroot when visiting our website: "Webroot has blocked access to a potentially threatening site."  The site is www.alturaassociates.com.

I don't understand why we are designated a potentially threatening site - we offer no downloads or software. We just have a simple brochure website for our engineerings services consulting practice.  Is there a way to have this designation reviewed and get our site whitelisted?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Cat 17 June 2013, 21:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi jberge,

According to our URL reputation service, it looks like the site currently has a reputation level of 40 - which is typically classified as suspicious. (You can see this report directly on BrightCloud.com.)

From a quick analysis, it looks like it may be deemed suspicious due to the fact that the site has been active for less than a month - not from anything malicious.

To validate that there is nothing malicious on the site and request a URL reputation change, you can simply fill out this form: http://www.brightcloud.com/support/repchangerequest.php?endpoint=alturaassociates.com&repindex=40

The team will then work with you to get the reputation where it needs to be!

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help.