I have tried everything to remove Webroot SecureAnywhere from one of our servers w/o luck.

• 2 December 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I have sent numerous uninstall commands, waited 10 minutes and rebooted the server. No Dice.

I have tried to uninstall the program from Program and Features however receive a message that I cannot do this as Webroot is cloud managed and the uninstall must come from the web portal. So...No Dice.

I have tried to uninstall it from the command prompt but it will not uninstall from there as I run into the same message as when trying to remove it from Programs and Features. So...NO DICE.

I have sent the deactivate command and rebooted the server which did not uninstall the program as I understood that it would. SO...NO DICE!

I have tried disabling the WRSA service and trying these again, all without success.

Very frustrated!! There has to be a way to uninstall the program!!

6 replies

Userlevel 1
I also tried entering safe mode with networking on the server and this too failed to allow me to uninstall Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's strange that safe mode with networking isn't working - that's normally the final option. Can I have support follow up with you on this one?
Userlevel 1
Definitely!  I will be available tomorrow beginning at 7am CST. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I'll put in a ticket.

One other thing to try is uninstall in Safe Mode without Networking, as a last effort.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I tried that and it did not work either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Strange indeed - has support been in touch with you yet?