Importance of Networking Yourself in IT - New Article on ThanksAJ.com

• 11 August 2014
  • 4 replies

So I maintain a website that writes articles for IT Pros, but especailly those new to the field. I wrote an article that I thought woudl be a worthy share. Please, if you like the article, leave a comment on the site!

http://www.thanksaj.com/2014/08/introspect-on-infotech-network-cables-network-yourself/

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good article AJ, and it does highlight the importance of managing one's reputation.  Personally I make sure that all of my interactions with people are as positive as I can make them.  Not to say that I don't lose it sometimes, but I try to minimize that 🙂  You never know when some seemingly minor interaction will have a huge effect down the line.  That person you treat nicely when they are in need might be the person that hires you or sends you work later.  

As an introvert I'm not big on socializing for socializing's sake, but I do know that a certain amount of it is necessary to keep the world running and make sure that my professional reputation doesn't suffer.
@ wrote:
Good article AJ, and it does highlight the importance of managing one's reputation.  Personally I make sure that all of my interactions with people are as positive as I can make them.  Not to say that I don't lose it sometimes, but I try to minimize that 🙂  You never know when some seemingly minor interaction will have a huge effect down the line.  That person you treat nicely when they are in need might be the person that hires you or sends you work later.  

As an introvert I'm not big on socializing for socializing's sake, but I do know that a certain amount of it is necessary to keep the world running and make sure that my professional reputation doesn't suffer.
Well said NIc. Yeah, no kidding about the minor interactions turning into bigger relationships. I did a Spiceworks Webinar with Steven from Storagecraft and we hit it off really well. Now I'm trying out a pretty sweet license from them and will be reviewing them on my site! You never know how things will turn out! 

Thanks, 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep, and my job here was through becoming friends with @ at SpiceWorld and talking to him about the awesome prizes they give away.  
My job at NTG was because I networked through Spiceworks and met Danielle at a Spicecorps in Auburn, NY. Networking is oh so crucial!