Increased incidence of new install not scanning and not becoming active.

• 18 July 2014
  • 6 replies

Recently we are seeing that new installs of Webroot are refusing to run a scan and set there indefinitely. It doesn't happen always but the amount is increasing.

The endpoint has to be manually uninstalled and re-installed.

This makes deployment through automatic means like scripting very difficult as we don't want to have to individually check hundreds of Endpoints.

We are seeing this across multiple customers with different network infrastructure.

Yes, we have raised this issue with support, but the answer is always uninstall/re-install. I think there's more to it than that this time as the instance is increasing which makes me think that there is maybe a problem with the latest version of Endpoint?

Cheers.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Is this separate from the keycode change issue Jimmy?  I'll ping some folks here to get this more attention.
Yeah, we migrated quite a while ago. This is very recent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I'll check on the status of the existing ticket.  I also pinged one of our escalation folks, but haven't heard back yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I found a ticket with a last communication on July 17th - did you get the last message from Joseph?
EDIT: Sorry, just realized the response you are talking about Nic is for different issue.

Sure. The PC in that particular question is not affected by a firewall. It's running now. But there are increased incidences across different sites that aren't behind a firewall. You uninstall/re-install a couple of times and the issue goes away. There's no definitive reason in all cases. I was just trying to find out if anyone else was seeing this as it's kind of a recent thing. I've also noticed that it happens more if you install from a network share, maybe. But again it occurs at different customer sites with different network infrastructure. I supose I could have posted this under discussion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ooops, sorry about that.  Do you want me to open a new ticket for you for this issue?