Interface of Secure Anywhere

• 1 October 2013
  • 6 replies

Hello.
I have loaded the software and have scanned my PC's.
When I click the icon in the task bar and then try to open I recieve the following.

"Please contact your network administrator to access the user interface of secure anywhere."

I am the administrator I am logged in as administrator.
Any Ideas?

Regards from Dave.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
I guess your endpoint is in "Recommended Defaults" policy. You must log in at https://my.webrootanywhere.com/default.asp to your console and move your endpoint to "Unmanaged" policy or create a new policy edit "user interface" setting and set it to "show".
Thank you.
I will try what you sugested.

Userlevel 7
I'm in a similiar bind.  I'm currently running a 30-day trial of Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection.

Anytime I'm logged onto a user's PC, I get the "Please contact your network administrator to access the user interface of SecureAnywhere" even though I *am* the network administrator :S

To make matters worse, I think the login ID asociated with the trial is the same as my Home edition.  I'd like to have separate control panels - one for the office folks and one for my own personal home use.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

- Jeff
Userlevel 7
Jeff,

Though your post is 2 weeks old, I didn't see a reply so I am going to throw my input in as I think we are in the same situation: having our own consumer key code and trialing an Endpoint key code at the same time.

As far as getting the Console access to a different login, I think you will need a Trouble Ticket for that.  Mine too is under my personal login, but in my case I like it that way.

Even though you ARE the Network Admin, as far as the Endpoint is concerned, that individual PC isn't...   I ran into the same thing.  A quick solution is to open the Console in a browser, change that Endpoint to Unmanaged, save changes.  To try to force the change to be distrubuted to the PC you can simply reboot if all else fails, but Check for Updates might work and in my case as the Web Threat Shield was operational I can force the PC to check by simply surfing to a new web page.

Now you will be able to work without warnings, but remember to reset the Endpoint to the Managed Policy of choice when finished.

(It would be far easier if there was an Administrator Login option to temporarily over-ride the set Policy within the UI)
Userlevel 7
ThanksDavid.   I'll give that a trythis evening.

@wrote: Even though you ARE the Network Admin, as far as the Endpoint is concerned, that individual PC isn't...

The sad part is I can't even remember which server I was on when I downloaded it 😠
Userlevel 7
LOL!  (Sorry!  I have to giggle a little bit on that one :)  )

Once we get you going on the Endpoints, I think you will like it... I have been pretty impressed overall the last couple of weeks myself.  The actual software ON the computer is pretty much the same as the Home version, and the controls of the Console, while tweaking is needed, is pretty impressive and handy.  Far more advanced than the Home Console, and you can adjust each and every setting instead of a few general presets.