Solved

Is there a way to scan and quarantine via command line in Mac?

• 10 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +16
I need a command to scan and quarantine command line on Mac because the GUI is not showing up. I have already filed a ticket with Webroot support, I need something to work in the meantime.
icon

Best answer by wowwee 7 June 2018, 07:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +16
No, there is not. The only way to scan on a Mac is through either the Webroot Web Portal or through the GUI. It is worth mentioning that the recommended setting for Macs is unmanaged (if someone can find a source that would be great). It's also worth mentioning that regardless if this is set to unmanaged, and this only applies for macs, the file threats reported can't be selected, overidden, compared to encounters on other endpoints, and restored from quarentine. It is only through unmanaged that allows files to be allowed or blocked and quarantined and deleted from quarantine. To clarify, unmanaged requires remoting into the user's desktop and to manually determine the best course of action for each of the files via the Webroot GUI. If someone finds that this information is incorrect, please correct me and I will edit this.