Anyone else's Labtech plugin been broken since the 3.0 update?
When we updated the plugin from 2.5 to 3.0, the plugin dashboard showed most agents as "non-GSM" and lacked information for them. After 3 months working with support on the issue, we're still nowhere, and can't reliably monitor our ~5,000 agents.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
We pushed out a direct DLL (Plugin) replacement as Solution Center can/will take some time to get updated.
If you're inclined to run the latest plugin, you can DL it here:
If you're on LabTechGeek slack channel, type in !webrootupdate in any channel and slackbot will reply with more details.
But, here's the general process:
Webroot Plugin v3.0x maintenance update. At this time we have been given a build that should assist with the issues taking place. To mplement this build we will have you use your Plugin Manager within your Control Center to update the DLLs in place.
To update your plugin to the latest version which includes several fixes, please use the steps below:
1. Download the plugin DLLs to the Automate Server.
2. Right-click the DLL files and choose the Properties tab for each.
3. If displayed, choose "Unblock" - if this is not present, proceed to step 4.
4. Within the Plugin Manager select the Webroot plugin DLL in the data grid list.
5. Click Advanced -> Manage Plugins -> Update Plugin -> Select the Webroot.dll file - do not check the box for the Remote Agent.
6. Within the Plugin Manager, now select the Webroot Remote Agent plugin DLL in the data grid list.
7. Click Advanced -> Manage Plugins -> Update Plugin -> Select the Webroot_remote.dll file - you do want to ensure to check the box for the Remote Agent on this file.
8. After you've updated, enter your Plugin Manager and click Advanced -> Reload Plugins -> Reload DBAgent Plugins
9. Wait for the database agent to restart (~60 seconds)
10. Close the Automate Control Center
11. Load the Automate Control Center
12. Open the Plugin Manager and find the Webroot plugin
13. Verify the version is 3.0.1627.46 as well as the DB, IIS and Remote Agent are loaded with green check marks - the Webroot.dll missing the Remote Agent check mark would be expected.
EDIT: Have uninstalled the old 3.0 plugin and installed the new one, will update if necessary. Please let us know of any version updates. I had similar problems configuring 3.0 originally, so I hope this helps.
Information on the "Clients", "Computers", and "Locations" areas on the plugin are completely blank. No information at all. I f I click "Refresh" , the screen just blinks, and then shows blank again. Tried re-authenticating in "Settings", did not resolve the issue.
I did restart the Database Manager after the plugin install to ensure that everything loaded properly.
My suggestion is to engage support so they can work with you on your environment as this is not a) normal and b) being experienced by everyone. While the plugin isn't perfect and does/is experiencing issues, installing and data updates should both work. So, something within your environment must be problematic. I do know support has had some completely reinstall, wipe the SQL tables and get drastic, but that's been more of an outlier situation.
I have opened a ticket with Webroot myself at this point, and am working with them to troubleshoot. No results yet, but am getting regular responses.
My issue now is that I can't take more than one client at once and assign them to a Webroot site. If I try, it grays out. Have to do them one at a time. And, if the client already had groups set up, the moment you set the client? The groups blank and go to "Default Group" (sigh).
That's a lot of manual work. I hope in the future being able to set multiple clients to one site will be easily possible, and that if groups are already set, it won't by default erase them.
Is there any way to reach out to those in the LabTech/Automate plugin team? I think they're on the right track, but there are some improvements that would likely be very easy to make that would improve the product significantly, as in everyone who uses Connectwise Automate going "Wow! Thanks guys, this is amazing!" happy.
I'd like to be part of making Webroot the favorite product on that RMM platform if it isn't already. If that's possible, please let me know.