lock on webroot icon

• 13 February 2014
  • 6 replies

Why is there a lock on my webroot icon in the bottom of my screen? It looks like a combination lock that is placed right over the webroot icon. It will not let me go to a couple of websites even though I just scanned the computer.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Normally the lock shows up when you are going to websites to indicate that you are protected.  What sites is it not letting you go to?  If we're having a false positive on a website then you can contact support and they can remedy that.
This lock is not there all the time. For the majority of the time, it's not there. It will not let me load my bank website. 
I have complined about this before and nobody had an answer. I will not be renewing Webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that.  Let me see if I can get that fixed for you.  If you can PM me the website you are trying to get to, then I can make sure that isn't being blocked.
Why is there a lock on my webroot icon in the bottom of my screen? It looks like a combination lock that is placed right over the webroot icon
Userlevel 1
Hi - From what I know the lock on the Webroot icon indicates that the currently used application is protected by the Identity & privacy shield.

Per default this should include the most common web browsers, so if open another application the lock should disappear.

Br, Jonas Karlsson