New dashboard renamed all your hosts?

• 28 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Ugh. I hate when companies “change” things and think it’s better. I have over 100 devices that were grouped together by service plans, (I resell webroot to home / end users) and then each pc was renamed to the customer’s name for billing purposes as the actual hostname is meaningless to me. 

The new dashboard just wiped all the host names I had created over the years and reverted them back to the pc’s original host name so now I have no idea which pc belongs to which customer. And looking at the details, when a home / residential user is using a log in account of “princess” that isn’t going to tell me what the customer’s last name is for billing. 

Who thought this was a good idea without telling users / admins? Anyway to revert this? 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I had the same sinking feeling today too. Thankfully @Rob House  was quick to reply. He pointed out that you can parachute back to the old console. He also confirmed that this is high on their priority list.

Read more here…

​​​​

I had the same sinking feeling today too. Thankfully @Rob House  was quick to reply. He pointed out that you can parachute back to the old console. He also confirmed that this is high on their priority list.

Read more here…

​​​​

Oh man, what a life saver. This gave me a mild heart attack. While I still have access to the legacy, I guess I’ll have to create a new site name for each individual customer and name the site to their name and hope the new key-code I push down to the hosts updates in time before Webroot takes this away from us. 

Thanks for the info though. I had no idea what I was going to do. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Rob House  confirmed that this lost feature is in development for this year and is a high priority. So depending on the ETA, you may not need to make any big changes. Maybe do like I am, and just live in the legacy console until the new console matures.

Can you guys share ther magic link to access the old console? I’m finding lots of missing things in the new console, especially with endpoint management.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@pcsjeremy , I feel your pain.  I haven’t been able to use the new console yet because of missing features and the renaming issue.  

Nice! Thank you