Solved

Offline computers

• 16 April 2015
  • 6 replies

I read that webroot is using cloud based system. Not all of our computers are connected to the Internet. Will the offline computers still be protected? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by JamesG 12 May 2015, 17:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We do rely on being online for full protection.  Webroot will protect you offline by monitoring and journaling the actions of any unfamiliar process until such time as the computer can get back online and check in to our servers.  But if you have certain machines in your environment that are always offline, then we're probably not the best solution to protect those particular devices.
Thank you for your honest reply. We do have a few computers that are not connected to the network. And those connected to the network are not necessarily connected to the internet due to limited bandwidth. We are using sonicwall. I was thinking if I can just open the needed ports for these client computers to access your cloud, will that work? I don't want to give full internet access to 70 computers with just 2mbps of internet bandwidth. Thanks.
I have a sonicwall nsa-2400 that doesn't support wildcards. Do I really need to define all addresses1 - 100 for this:

g<Number>.p4.webrootcloudav.com

as described in this tutorial? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/Recommended-Proxy-Firewall-Bypass-List/ta-p/55156

Do I really need to use/define 1 to 100 addresses or can I just use one? Thank you.
Userlevel 7
@,

If you are using a proxy based filter then yes, you will need to define all of the addresses. If you are using a normal firewall you just need to add the second portion of the list.

It sounds as if you are going to have to add them all though

The only other option would be to udate the hardware itself.

I hope this helps.

Please do no not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

James G.
Webroot Community Support Team
I think I got it right... i see traffic flowing. Thank you very much.
Userlevel 7
@,

That is very good to hear!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Warm Regards,