Print jobs blocked from Citrix Receiver

I have just implemented Webroot for one of my clients.  As soon as Webroot was installed people started reporting printer related issues.  I thought there was no way this could be related, but after disabling webroot on a few machines and seeing the print jobs start going through with no problem, I have to lament. 

My clients primary software runs on a Citrix Xenapp server.  My clients connect using Citrix Reciever. They print constantly throughout the day, so I have temporarily disabled Webroot till I can resolve this.   The software provider is of little to no help with these issues as the technical support team has all but been completely segmented off to another part of the company. 

The weirdest part is it does not block all jobs for all individuals.  When we first installed it people seemed to be printing with no issues, then the next day people started complaining.  So it isnt like it is blanket blocking these print jobs.  But as soon as Webroot is disabled for a computer having printing issues, you can see the print jobs flood out. 

These issue were non-existent before webroot was installed.   I am really hoping somoene can help point me in the right direction with this. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best to Submit a Support Ticket as it could be a simple thing like getting the files Whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud database.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Check out this thread, similar issues:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-for-Business/We-are-seeing-issues-with-Windows-7-desktops-connecting-to-a/td-p/237983
Thank you!  I contacted support and we are on the hunt for the solution! I will do my best to post the solution here just in case anyone else faces the same issue. 
Thank you for showing me this thread! Extremely helpful information in here!
Userlevel 7
A possible resolution to the issue will require File/Path overrides on the following files:

%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA ClientCDViewer.exe 
%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA Clientconcentr.exe 
%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA ClientMediaEngineService.exe 
%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA Clientwfica32.exe 
%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA ClientAuthManagerAuthManSvr.exe 
%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA ClientSelfServicePluginSelfService.exe 
%programfiles(x86)%CitrixICA ClientSelfServicePluginSelfServicePlugin.exe 
%systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.tmp 
%systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.spl 
%systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.shd

To create Overrides, log into the Site Console and click on the Overrides tab. Here’s a link to the Overrides guide - http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1384/Creating-Whitelist-Overrides
  1. Click the Create button[list=1]
  2. The system displays the Create override window.
  • In the Override Namefield, enter a name for the override
  • In the Override Type field, select Path/File
  • In the File Mask field, enter the file name
  • In the Path Mask field, enter the file path
  • For the setting Detect if Malicious, select No
  • When done, click the Save button and enter the next override[/list] 
    Once all overrides have been entered, force the Endpoint agent to poll.
    - Method 1 -
    1. Locate the SecureAnywhere icon in the system tray.
    2. Right-click the icon and select "Refresh Configuration".

- Method 2 -
    To poll via command line option, use the appropriate command for the OS.

For 32bit Operating Systems, type:
            "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" -poll

For 64bit Operating Systems, type:
            "C:Program Files (x86)WebrootWRSA.exe" -poll

Please let us know if you have a chance to try these steps and what the result is afterwards.