Solved

Problem with Key Code change

Userlevel 2
I'm in the process of migrating end points from our old console to WGSM. I'm having issues with a couple of endpoints not accepting the key code changes.
I will input the key code manually in the old console, they will appear briefly in the console for the key code they have been changed to, but they still report the old key code, so they eventually reappear in the old console.

I'm also having issues with one endpoint where I'm checking the GUI on the endpoint, sending the command to change the key code, checking in the GUI that the new key code is showing after refreshing the configuration, running a scan, then the key code is reverting back to what it was originally.

I'm starting to tear my hair out. Please can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by nic 22 July 2014, 18:58

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Amanda Jayne..did you look at nics https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ask-the-Experts/Help-with-deploying-new-Key-Code/m-p/113224#M1128...I'm sorry but Nic is out today and I'm not that familiar with the business forum.

Regards, hopefully someone can assist here for you!
Userlevel 2
Hey Sherry,

That was a post I put up a couple of weeks ago actually ;)

Thank you anyway. I may not have to worry about the one machine, as it is due to be decommissioned soon, but I would be interested to discuss the strange key code behaviour.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry to hear you're having trouble Amanda.  Would you like me to have someone from our support team contact you?
Userlevel 2
Thank you nic, I think it may be working ok now. If I keep retrying, it does eventually change to the correct key code. Just a bit frustrating when it doesn't
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad to hear it eventually went through.  Just ping me if you have any more trouble and I'll create an escalated support ticket for you.
Same thing happend to us when we moved endpoints to GSM.

I'd just like to add my 2 cents to this as I was told how unusual it was and that it happened to no one else when I raised this as a support concern :-)

You would send the new code via the change keycode agent command, then the endpoint would move to the new console, stay there briefly, then move back!

Eventually we got all of them moved across, but it was a struggle because the command would time out and you'd have to try again and again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Same thing happend to us when we moved endpoints to GSM.

I'd just like to add my 2 cents to this as I was told how unusual it was and that it happened to no one else when I raised this as a support concern :-)

You would send the new code via the change keycode agent command, then the endpoint would move to the new console, stay there briefly, then move back!

Eventually we got all of them moved across, but it was a struggle because the command would time out and you'd have to try again and again.
Thanks for the second data point Jimmy.  I'll pass this along to the developers to look at.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So I got some news back - apparently this is a known issue that they are working on.  As a workaround, try pushing in smaller batches, like one page of endpoints at a time.  I know it's slower than doing all at once, but at least you don't have to go to each machine individually.  Let us know if that works!
Userlevel 2
nic,

I've actually been doing one machine at a time, and it still happens
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok in that case we need support to take a look and get this documented for the devs.  Do you want to open a ticket, or would you like me to get one started for you?
Userlevel 2
In all honesty, I don't know how useful my input would be now. The endpoints that I was having issues with have now been migrated, and I didn't note which endpoints were behaving like this 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
In all honesty, I don't know how useful my input would be now. The endpoints that I was having issues with have now been migrated, and I didn't note which endpoints were behaving like this :(
They still might want to look at logs to identify where the process is failing.
Userlevel 2
Ok then, if you wouldn't mind nic...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No prob, I'll go ahead and open a new ticket.
Hi,

We're just about to migrate 1400 clients and faced this issue on the fist test I did.

Did this issue get resolved?

\ Andreas Stepan
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes we actually found a better resolution. There's a tool we can use to migrate over child keycodes from the old MSP parent keycode to the new MSP parent keycode. That means you don't have to do anything other than contact our support and give them the info they need to authenticate you and the company you are taking over.

Was this issue ever actually resolved?

I have this exact issue with a single endpoint, every time we attempt to change it’s keycode it updates, moves to the new Console, then by the end of the day it has moved back to the old Console and the keycode has reverted on the client.

I have changed the same keycode for 4 other clients in the same Console without issue.

It is worth noting that we aren’t updating the keycodes for all endpoints, only specific ones as part of a business restructure.