Recent problem w/SecureAnywhere 8.0.4.70

• 24 April 2014
  • 2 replies

I've used Webroot for a couple of years now; it's been great -- never bothering me unless I run across a threat on the Internet.  UNTIL NOW...

Over the weekend of 4/12, something changed: I use a program called Clarion 6.3 (Build 9059) by Softvelocity.  I mostly use it to compile programs running under SQL 2008 (Developer version 10.0.5500.0).  Since that weekend, whenever one of my programs calls SQL, I get the "This file is trying to connect to the Internet and is not trusted" message and I have to explicitly allow it.  (It references the .exe name of the program compiled by Clarion, but doesn't display the error until it tries to access SQL.)  I know it wasn't caused by a WinXP update, since I have automatic updates turned off (so I can approve updates before they're applied).

I've tried allowing thru "Control Active Processes"; this works until the target .exe is recompiled (which might be every 5 minutes when I'm working on a program change).

It's driving me crazy!  If I can't find the solution, I'll have to start looking for an alternative program.

BTW: When I tried allowing access thru "Block/Allow Files", some of the .exe's show as being on nonexistent drives (the drive letters exist, but are for removable drives that aren't currently connected).  I noticed that the Deep Scan displays these erroneous drive/file names while running as well.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you contact support they'll be able to help you get this taken care of.  The threat response team should be able to create a rule that whitelists your application even when you are making changes to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you contact support they'll be able to help you get this taken care of.  The threat response team should be able to create a rule that whitelists your application even when you are making changes to it.