SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection crashing issues

• 1 December 2015
  • 3 replies

We had a virus make its rounds to a couple of our PC's in our network and Webroot saw it and cleaned it up but i'm having lingering issues with the Webroot program afterwards, it is crashing and won't run and the service is stuck in the "Starting" mode and will not actually start.  This has caused one of the PC's to not talk back with the console so it won't take the uninstall command i have coming to it.  Others have either needed a reboot or a restart of the application or even just a scan to be sent to it and it fixes itself but i have one lingering PC that just won't talk back to my console.

The Virus was:
  MICROSOFT.VBE.INTEROP.FORMS.DLL%assembly%60.0 KBMalware.Script.GenNov 27th 2015, 10:57Nov 27th 2015, 10:570 sec

Any ideas on what i can do to get this PC to get it back up and working?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try uninstalling in safe mode with networking, then a fresh install. There's a fix that should get rid of this issue in the latest version, and a fresh install will get you that version.
Thanks, thats what we ended up doing, though all of our endpoints were on version 9.0.6.14 is this the version with the fix or the version with the issue??
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's the latest version so you should be good.