Some technical questions - rather important

• 18 February 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
1. What application ports can be open to communicate the Webroot successfully with the cloud? 80 and something else?

2. What will happen - when during the scan Webroot lose access to the internet? Does the scan will be interrupted?

3. Just to be sure - Is it possible to manage the blocked processes and connections from the administrator console?

4. Is the workstation or server that useing unmanaged politics remember determination files identified as good or bad from the console? If yes, what is the pool interval time to get such command? I know that we can not edit it

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
1. Ports 80 and 8080 

2. If there is no Internet connection then Webroot will use the built-in heuristics to sandbox and journal any suspicious processes, and then when it gets connection back will see what the database says about it.  That way you are protected offline, and it can automatically roll back any changes made by a malicious executable.

3. You can do overrides for blocked processes from the console and push that out to individual machines or all of them.

4. I don't think so, but I'll double-check.  Basically if they are unmanaged then everything is local and you can't do much from the console other than convert them to managed.  Forgive me if I'm wrong on this one, as I'm still new to Webroot 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here's a fuller answer on the ports too:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/Web-Security-Which-IP-addresses-should-we-allow-through-the/ta-p/46392#.UwYxuvldXHV

Looks like there are a couple others besides what I mentioned.