Two computers - Webroot blocking differently

• 15 June 2015
  • 6 replies

Two computers on my network, on one Webroot blocks a certain website page due to indicated detection of malicious content, on the other machine Webroot does not block this same page.  Why would this be?  They are identical Windows 7 machines and both show in good standing on my Webroot Group Management screen.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are they both in the same Policy group?
Yes, both are using the same policy group.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hm, that is strange.  Let me ping someone to see what might be going on.  Can you share the website that is causing the problem so we can double-check to see how it is scored in our reputation database?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let's have you talk to support to investigate this one.  You can contact them here, or I can open a ticket for you and have them contact you at this email address if you prefer.
Userlevel 2
Badge +15
I have experienced this same issue this week. A client's site was blocked on some machines running Webroot, but not others. I took an opportunity to test the issue from multiple locations using different computers running Webroot, and the results were inconsisitent, some machines blocked the site, some didn't. It had me wondering how the Webroot client on endpoints obtains and updates info on malicious sites.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We are working on a new system for blocking malicious websites that is driver- based.  It's in beta testing right now on the consumer side.  It should be more consistent with the blocking than the current method.