Solved

Two questions about keycodes

• 27 August 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi
Could you assist me we these two questions:

1st scenario
I use 10 keycodes within one console. Each of them is valid fo 10 devices. In the console I see that I have 48/50 agents installed. How can I check on which keycode (or on which 2 keycodes) I have two installation slots available?

2nd scenario
I use 10 keycodes witihin one console but after a while I decided that it's more convenient for me to create a separate console for each keycode. Can I still do it? If yes is the procedure the same as usuall (registering new account withe same customer details but different keycode)?

I'd appreciate any help
icon

Best answer by Shawn 28 August 2013, 00:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
In scenario 1, you said you have 10 keycodes, each valid for 10 devices. It should not be telling you 50 is your cap then, because that adds up to 100. So there is something else going on there. Is this a real situation or a hypothetical?

I believe the second scenario should work as you described. If you run into any issues, we can add and remove consoles and keycodes for you as you see fit if you let us know which consoles and keycodes to remove for you.
Userlevel 3
Sorry my mistake. I meant 5 keycodes - 10 devices each. I was wondering whether there is any way to see how many devices are installed per keycode. In "manage keycodes" all I see is the overall sum of devices possible to install, not the actual sum of devices installed at the moment
Userlevel 7
That's a good question. Support or myself can look up the keycodes for you and let you know via a support case or private messaging me, but in terms of this data being easy for you to reference, I'm not sure where in the business console you could see this. "Manage keycodes" would be the obvious place to put that info. Let me talk this through later today during a product management meeting and ensure I'm not missing anything. If not, I'd say this would make for an excellent feature addition.
Userlevel 5
For smaller environments you can add the "Keycode" column to the group management window and sort by keycode, then add them up.

Not ideal though, I can see that.

Let me check on the possibility of adding a "Current Devices" column to the Manage Keycodes menu.

Thank you,
-Shawn
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thanks Shawn, that seems like a reasonable feature to include.
Userlevel 3
Thanks a lot for the answers!
Userlevel 5
Coming to a console near you!

-Shawn
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
PS4 or XBone :catmad: